This is a significant update with many new features and ideas implemented.
Here are a few highlights, you can read more details here.
- A major change in v.9.5 is that Custom list settings are replaced by Sender profiles. Read below how it affects your upgrade and the benefits they bring.
- New Html editor extended with all the special features you are accustomed to use.
- Drag 'n drop editors: we added the Unlayer editor and updated the Bee editor. In both you can now reload your content and continue designing. No registration is required for Unlayer.
- Form styling: set form colors, fonts, backgrounds and more.
- CSV maps. you can save your csv field mapping and all other options and reload them next time.
- Added some additional settings for stricter GDPR compliance.
- Updated to the latest SendGrid api.
- Minimum PHP version is now 7.2 (or 7.4 if you use the SendGrid api).
- Overall performance & List health report in your welcome page.
- IP geolocation extended.
- New Api v.7 and an updated Zapier app.
- Here is the complete list of new features
- Here is the new Demo
Sender profiles - What does it affect?
Sender profiles are like different sender identities. Each profile has its own sending method (greeting emails and landing pages).
You no longer have custom list settings neither global settings.
Each time you create a campaign, an autoresponder or an opt-in form you also choose the sender profile you want to use.
Sender profiles - The benefits
- Particularly useful for those managing several different websites.
- With custom list settings a campaign could only include this list in order to activate them. Now the campaign can include several lists.
- Simplification. You have a much clearer picture of what applies to what.
- Flexibility. For example you may want to use the same sender identity but different sending methods (incl. smtp servers) for your campaigns, autoresponders and opt-in forms.
You must have PHP 7.2 or later
In case you want to use the MailGun API sending method then PHP 7.2.5 is required. For SendGrid api 7.4 is required.
If you run other applications at the same server you should check with your support if there are incompatibility issues with PHP 7.2. WordPress users may want to check this page.
Zapier integration continues with a new api version (v7)
and an updated Zapier app. Your previous integration will continue to work. But at some point they will be deprecated.